Monday, March 26, 2018

Maddie's Magnificent Movies!- Napoleon Dynamite Trailer Recreation


In Video Production, we were asked to recreate a movie trailer (more or less) shot-for-shot. We could only really use movies that were grounded in reality, since we didn't have the budget for stunts or enhanced CGI effects. So, my group did Napoleon Dynamite.

Making storyboards was a far quicker process this time, since it was all online and using screenshots from the trailer as opposed to having it all be drawn out by hand. However, I wasn't the one making the storyboards- I was the director. The three people in my group (myself included) played all the parts ourselves- Seth was Napoleon, I was Trisha, and Tate was everyone else. (I was also Pedro's stunt double, as Tate was Napoleon's stunt double.) I also provided the picture of the liger and filmed all shots with both Napoleon and Pedro.

Filming was a very fun process. We first filmed the scenes at school, which is where I did all of my acting, including me judgementally eating Goldfish crackers and asking Napoleon what a liger is. Then we had to film at Tate's house, and that was really fun. The first time we filmed at Tate's, we broke our microphone and could only film scenes with no dialogue for the rest of the day, but the second time, we had a new microphone and didn't break ours.

After all was said and done, we all had to edit our own trailers. Editing my trailer was pretty easy, and there were no major obstacles I had to overcome.

I learned how to make a movie trailer, how to judgementally eat Goldfish, how to draw an anime liger, and what to do when you break a microphone. Overall, I would say my trailer turned out great!

No comments:

Post a Comment